While renting our vacation villa you should take the time to visit each of these beautiful local beaches. Just a quick taxi ride away and each one is unique!
The World’s Most Beautiful Beaches
The Dominican Republic is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. Listed here are just a few of the public beaches local to your vacation villa rental. We have many beach photos for you to enjoy so please check them all. One of these beaches was noted by Conde Nast Traveler as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, can you guess which one?
- Playa Grande Beach – Just a few minutes away by taxi, this has been called one of the Caribbean’s most beautiful beaches. Over 3 miles of untouched, unspoiled beach front. Conde Nast Traveler called this beach one of the Top 10 beaches in the world! Visit the shops along the beach, have a stunningly good luncheon and soak up some rays.
- Playa Diamonte – Truly a one-of-a-kind beach only 5 minutes from the villa. The depth only goes to about 2 ½ feet deep for over a hundred yards out into the ocean. Even further it is only a few feet deeper. A perfect place for the kids to play in a safe, relaxing cove beach.
- Playa Entrada – The site of many major motion pictures is this totally unspoiled virgin beachfront only a few minutes from the villa. Miles upon miles of beach front dotted with royal palm and coconut palm trees. The views are truly amazing!
- Cabo Francis – Nestled between two sea cliffs in a little cove only 5 minutes from the villa is one of those beaches only the locals know about. Beautiful, fun and very secluded.
- Orchid Bay Beach – Located adjacent to the secure, gated community of Orchid Bay, a semi-private 600′ golden sand beach, Orchid Bay beach is dotted with coconut palms, the local Dominicans sometimes even play baseball right on the beach!
- Caleton de Rio San Juan – A truly amazing beach located next to the local town of Rio San Juan. Another of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. A must see!
- Playa Blanca – Within the town of Rio San Juan, this “White Beach” offers a long, beautiful stretch of unspoiled beachfront.
- La Boca – Right where a local river flows gently into the ocean, La Boca (“the Mouth”) boasts a wide, sweeping beach. Great for riding horses on the beach.
Luxury Spa Retreats
At Golden Dolphin Estate the owners enjoy the relaxation of Caribbean spa treatments as much as the rest of us. Imagine a relaxing massage received while reclining on one of our padded, luxury massage tables located poolside. Feel the soothing ocean breezes tickle your back as our highly trained masseuses work their magic. Relaxation is immediate!
While the masseuse pampers the muscles you turn your fingers and toes over to our manicurist and pedicurists. Trim those nails to perfection, select the color to complement your spirits and allow your entire body to unwind effortlessly. Your tootsies will thank you for the rest of the vacation!
Having a special occasion such as a Caribbean wedding or family reunion? Our private villa can offer many individualized spa treatments to complement your perfect vacation.
- Massage (multiple styles)
- Bath Oil Treatments
- Hair Dresser (by appt only)
- Hair Braiding
This package can include any or all of these (or even more if you want).
Deep Sea Fishing
Depart from the local port of call to enjoy some local fishing. Marlin Chaser, our own 31′ power catamaran sportfishing boat offers guests numerous North Coast Offshore Adventures. Located just a short drive from the villa in Rio San Juan’s Laguna Gri Gri.
Here at Marlin Chaser we take fishing very seriously. Our experienced Captain and crew have years of experience fishing, not only our local, North Coast waters, but also competing several years in the Cap Cana Billfish Tournament out of Punta Cana. They put their combined years of experience to work on a daily basis to assure our anglers the best opportunity of, not only getting into the fish, but also of bringing them to boat.
Equipped with only the finest fishing tackle from Shimano and Penn, along with quality rods, anglers can be assured that once that game fish bites you will have not have to worry about your tackle failing during your battle. Anglers have the option of fighting their fish from our fighting chair, or stand up.
Much of our fishing is done around fishing stations (fish aggregating devices) that we have set out in the most productive areas for attracting our game fish. These fishing stations attract the smaller bait fish which, in turn, draw in the larger pelagic species so sought after by game fishermen.
Another unique feature of our North Coast fishing is that we can be fishing in several thousand feet of water less than one half mile off our coast. We don’t have to run miles offshore to fish the depths that so many game fish are caught in. Less time running to the fishing grounds means more time the angler gets to spend actually fishing.
Weddings & Family Reunions
The Dominican Republic has rapidly become the top destination wedding location throughout the Caribbean. It has achieved this distinction as one of the best destination wedding spots because you are able to realize a magnificent wedding at a fraction of the traditional costs. Weddings in the Dominican Republic are less expensive yet you receive the same high quality materials, services and attention to detail as elsewhere.
Top destination weddings are possible in the Dominican Republic with our dedicated wedding planner in our unique destination wedding location, Golden Dolphin Estate. View our past wedding photos, read our villa reviews and then contact us to learn more about how we can help you realize the true top destination wedding of your dreams!
Do you want your Caribbean family reunion to be just the same as everyone else’s or are you thinking your family reunion should be more special? As highlighted recently on NBC’s The Today Show, family reunions in luxury vacation villas are one of the top five family reunion destinations! The reason is quite simple really. You have the privacy of your own family compound, or retreat, along with the dedication of the entire villa facility, often including professional staff, dedicated to your family’s satisfaction and relaxation. This is exactly what you receive at Golden Dolphin Estate.
But you may be thinking that there are not enough activities within a private luxury villa for your family reunion; but you would be wrong. Everyone has their own fun and relaxes the way they want while having a warm, friendly and family atmosphere for the family reunion gatherings. Golden Dolphin Estate offers everything including a 100 acre totally private estate, two private swimming pools, multiple adjacent and nearby beaches, media room, video games, family game areas, nearby golf courses and tons of excursions and off-site activities. Anything you can imagine can be realized at this unique family reunion destination.
The staff of Golden Dolphin Estate are perfect for a family reunion idea because they cater to the individual needs instead of the “whole herd.” If you decide to sleep late and want to have a late breakfast, no problem. You want to head into town on an evening for fun at the disco, no problem. Some of you want to golf while others desire a poolside massage and still others want to grab the latest game on TV…no problem. We are on your schedule and will adjust to fit the individual needs of your family reunion group so your destination family reunion will truly be memorable.
Other Special Celebrations we cater to:
- Wedding Anniversaries
- Special Graduations
- Birthday Celebrations
- Bachelor or Bachelorette Parties
From about the end of January until about the end of April of each year the great Humpback whales make their annual migration from up north to the waters off the North Coast of the Dominican Republic to mate and give birth in our local waters.
Traveling in small pods of up to six, on their way to the birthing grounds, the whales frequently take a sharp turn and head right into shore, often just a couple hundred feet from shore. On their return trip, the cows are accompanied by their new born calves as they teach them how to feed, stay on the surface, and breach. The calves will often be seen “playing” on the surface for hours on end.
What better seat for this annual event then being front and center aboard our comfortable and specious Marlin Chaser. Whether inshore or as far out as the Silver Bank, let us put you in the best seat in the house.
Sight Seeing & Sunset Cruises
When Christopher Columbus first set sight on the North Coast of the Island of Hispaniola, he must have been totally amazed by the awesome, rugged, cliffs, as he approached land. The North Coast of the Dominican Republic, unlike the South Coast, is far less developed, much still remains in it’s unspoiled and raw natural beauty.
Our area of the North Coast is also home to some of the largest, most luxurious, villas anywhere in the Dominican Republic. Many of these are built high on cliffs, overlooking stunning, panoramic, ocean views.
Marlin Chaser offers a variety of scenic coastal tours that afford our guests prime viewing of the spectacular, natural, beauty that makes the area so appealing. Let us customize a tour for your group.
Join us aboard Marlin Chaser for the perfect end of a beautiful day here on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic. What better way to finish off than with a sunset cruise aboard our luxury power catamaran. It truly does not get any better than this!
Spectacular Dominican Golf Vacation
Enjoy paradise and your favorite sport while on vacation with us. Located only 10 minutes down the road from Golden Dolphin Estate is the famous Playa Grande Golf Course, known as the “Pebble Beach of the Caribbean”. Designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr, the course has recently undergone a renovation by his son, Rees Jones.
Golf in the Dominican Republic is rapidly becoming one of the most rapidly growing activities for visitors. The reason is simple; the courses are designed by the most widely recognized experts, offer challenges and entertainment for both the weekender and the low handicapper and are sited in the most beautiful island in the Caribbean. And this is not just our opinion but is shared by the many thousands of golfers who trek here yearly for a weekend, week or longer for their dream golf vacation.
The Dominican Republic has 23 golf courses. Some of the most famous courses in the world are here with more being constructed all the time. Recently, Jack Nicklaus, the all-time golf great, chose the Dominican Republic for a major financial investment along with three courses he is designing.
Robert Trent Jones has also designed courses in the Dominican Republic including one of the most famous in the Caribbean; about 10 minutes away from Golden Dolphin is the very beautiful Playa Grande Golf Course. Get your clubs and get down here. We offer all golfers a special golf vacation package that includes everything but you and your clubs. Hurry to book your dream golf vacation with us.
Our spectacular Caribbean villa rental offers special golf vacation packages that include many of the following golf courses. We can custom design additional packages for any other golf course you would like to visit. When you get here we can discuss the details to help you plan this unique golf vacation package. Reserve our villa for your perfect Caribbean golf vacation package today!
Other Local Nearby Activities
Although there are loads of activities at the villa, you can also explore the surrounding area to enjoy even more fun-filled and exciting activities. The north coast of the Dominican Republic offers an abundance of diversions and leisure activities to help enhance your vacation. There are a wide variety of activities, from awesome Caribbean golf to fun-filled horseback riding in the rain forest.
Whatever diversion you desire, our villa concierge will help you arrange and coordinate it all. More remote excursions often include roundtrip transportation. Leave the details to us!
- ATV Excursion – Take a guided ATV excursion through the countryside or along the beaches!
- 27 Charcos – Scramble up and climb down the length of this wonderful river where you traverse nearly 27 waterfalls. Super fun!
- Golfing – The awe-inspiring Robert Trent Jones designed golf course of Playa Dorado is only an hour away!
- Scuba Diving / Snorkel – Whether you are a certified diver or just a beginner, our local dive operations have the perfect trip for you. Get PADI certified while you stay with us!
- Tours – There are many tours available, from a few hours to an overnight stay in the capital city of Santo Domingo (see Columbus’ Grave).
- Horseback Riding – Take a guided tour back into the “campo” to enjoy some of the most amazing vistas in the world. Meet the super friendly Dominican people and enjoy a cup of their astounding coffee!
- Caliente Caribe – While the resort is closed, guests staying at our villa have private access to this beautiful beach.
- Jeep Safari – Local guided jeep tours through the countrywide and local beaches. Look at local handicrafts and meet the beautiful people of the Dominican Republic.
- Tennis – By special arrangement with the local hotel our guests can enjoy their hard concrete tennis court for an hourly fee.
- Shopping Guide – Travel to Rio San Juan to grab those trinkets we all love to get, or stop in at Cabarete to enjoy upscale shopping. Tell us which you prefer and we will arrange it all.
- Windsurfing / Kiteboarding – Just up the road is Cabarete, the destination of the world championship of windsurfing and where kiteboarding was perfected. Overnight stays can readily be arranged!
- Tobacco Factory Tour – Go to the local facilities where cigars are hand-made right in front of you. Dominican cigars are considered some of the best in the world and now you can enjoy watching them make one.
- Whitewater Rafting – One of the most entertaining (and exhausting) excursions is a (safe) white water rafting trip. Get up early, return late but you will have a blast!
- Night Life – Head downtown to the local disco or trek to the nearest casino for some island gambling.
- Ocean World Adventure Park – Swim with the dolphins and meet the sea lions. This is an amazing adventure!
- Monkey Jungle Zip Line – Enjoy a 4400 foot challenge course zip line, walk through the monkey jungle to play with these beautiful creatures and even explore a deep cave!